DIY ~ April Showers Gathering Vase Bouquet

$15

Imagine a lovely cutting garden full of color and scent and then put it into a vase, that's what I did! This more traditional bouquet style is designed by placing the tallest flowers in first (larkspur), then adding and layering by height : stock, alstroemeria, daisy mums, waxflowers,tulips, ranunculus, with sweet peas and ferns added to "frame" the bouquet. Tiny paper umbrellas give homage to the "April Showers" theme. Anyone can do this, it's as if you went out to the cutting garden and snipped off your favorites.
Ranunculus
April Showers Gathering Vase Bouquet
Alstroemeria
Daisy Mums
Larkspur
Waxflower
tiny paper umbrellas for "April Showers"
Sweet Peas
Tulips

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Barb Rosen

• Sue Miler

Do they need full sun?

• Barb Rosen

@Sue Miler ~ no, they are cut flowers gathered in a bouquet to take inside or out as a centerpiece.

• Barrie Templeton

If we are to try to grow any of these, we need growing zone information. In our area, Peonies are hardy, but I don't think English tea roses can survive the winter.

• Barb Rosen

These are purchased flowers made into a bouquet, Barrie. I suggest you google each flower you like to see recommended growing conditions and practices for your particular zone.

• Diane

I have never had luck with these?? How is best way to grow Ranunculus? I also need to transplant poppy is that hard??? Ty!

• Barb Rosen

These flowers were all purchased from a florist for making a spring bouquet, Diane. Best idea would be to Google some info on planting and growing Ranunculus & Poppies as I grow neither one in my garden.

• Carey

When I was a little girl, my Mom had a row of sweet peas planted beside our house, and I was allowed to pick as many as I wanted. My favorite pastime was picking flowers to take to my Mommy and the neighbor ladies! Esp. on May day when we could make little paper baskets, fill them with flowers, and hang them on the neighbors doors, ring the bell and run hide to watch them find their flowers! What special memories the still have for me. A gift from my Mom!

• Stamps

Aweeeee, so sweet !!!!

No one knows what others are going through and it's best to treat all with kindness. Such a nice gesture from the little boy. God Bless him !!!

• Barb Rosen

Absolutely! What a wonderful story, Anne!