How to Easily Remove Hard Water Deposits

I don't know how it happened or when it happened but one day when I looked down at my kitchen sink faucet there was grime and hard water deposits that had accumulated from the past 10 years! One day there was nothing and the next day bam it was there! It was disgusting and I wanted it gone ASAP so I broke out the big guns and with ease was able to remove 10 years of hard water deposits in 15 mintues! Check
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Years of hard water deposits and grime accumulated ove time
Years of hard water deposits and grime accumulated over time.
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, 15 minutes later Major difference
15 minutes later! Major difference!
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Start by saturating the entire area with a 60 40 percent mixture of white vinegar and water Spray the area liberally with a spray bottle and let the mixture sit for a few minutes This will help loosen everything up
Start by saturating the entire area with a 60-40 percent mixture of white vinegar and water. Spray the area liberally with a spray bottle and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. This will help loosen everything up.
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Then take an old handy dandy toothbrush and start scrubbing the water deposits The gunk and hard water deposits will start to break off in little chunks Then rinse with steaming hot water
Then take an old handy dandy toothbrush and start scrubbing the water deposits. The gunk and hard water deposits will start to break off in little chunks. Then rinse with steaming hot water.
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Now that you have cleaned off the top layer grab a scouring pad to get the stubborn spots Just moisten the pad with a little hot water and begin scrubbing the crevices where the remaining water deposits are
Now that you have cleaned off the top layer, grab a scouring pad to get the stubborn spots. Just moisten the pad with a little hot water and begin scrubbing the crevices where the remaining water deposits are.
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, You can see the blue soap from the scouring pad where I had to scrub a little harder than the toothbrush would allow
You can see the blue "soap" from the scouring pad where I had to scrub a little harder than the toothbrush would allow.
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Now give it one final rinse with hot water and use your dry eraser to clean off smudges This step kind of polishes it off but is not necessary if you don t have any minor surface level scuffs
Now give it one final rinse with hot water and use your dry eraser to clean off smudges. This step kind of "polishes" it off but is not necessary if you don't have any minor surface level scuffs.
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, One final rinse and a wipe down with a paper towel and you are done my friend And no harmful chemicals were used which is a bonus
One final rinse and a wipe down with a paper towel and you are done my friend! And no harmful chemicals were used which is a bonus!
how to easily remove hard water deposits, home maintenance repairs, how to, Voila Now your sink faucet shines like a brand new one With a little elbow grease and a couple cleaning tools and supplies you have saved yourself lots of money and can prolong the life of your existing sink and faucet
Voila! Now your sink faucet shines like a brand new one!!! With a little elbow grease and a couple cleaning tools and supplies you have saved yourself lots of money and can prolong the life of your existing sink and faucet!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 10, 2018 11:12 PM - More info
Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

3 questions on this project
  • 33579864
    Jun 09, 2018

Wonder if I can use it without the sos on granite??

• Margaret Mason
    Jan 22, 2018

Have you used vinegar to clear hard water deposits in your coffee pot?

• Lana Hassell
      Jan 22, 2018

Yes, it does a wonderful job. Run it through 2 times with the vinegar, then 2 or 3 times with clear water. You will need to use a coffee filter to catch the hard water sediment. You will be amazed at how a your coffee pot works after doing this -- just like new. I use it full strength. Good luck. By the way, I also use it full strength when i clean and I had NEVER used steel wool on my faucets. Vinegar used full does not hurt anything, and it sure works on hard water sediment.

• Pad335458
    Jan 20, 2018

Can you use it on onyx?