How to Easily Remove Hard Water Deposits

I don't know how it happened or when it happened but one day when I looked down at my kitchen sink faucet there was grime and hard water deposits that had accumulated from the past 10 years! One day there was nothing and the next day bam it was there! It was disgusting and I wanted it gone ASAP so I broke out the big guns and with ease was able to remove 10 years of hard water deposits in 15 mintues! Check out the before and after pictures and find out what tools you need to remove hardwater deposits like this. http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com/2013/04/reviving-old-kitchen-sink-faucet.html
Years of hard water deposits and grime accumulated over time.
15 minutes later! Major difference!
Start by saturating the entire area with a 60-40 percent mixture of white vinegar and water. Spray the area liberally with a spray bottle and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. This will help loosen everything up.
Then take an old handy dandy toothbrush and start scrubbing the water deposits. The gunk and hard water deposits will start to break off in little chunks. Then rinse with steaming hot water.
Now that you have cleaned off the top layer, grab a scouring pad to get the stubborn spots. Just moisten the pad with a little hot water and begin scrubbing the crevices where the remaining water deposits are.
You can see the blue "soap" from the scouring pad where I had to scrub a little harder than the toothbrush would allow.
Now give it one final rinse with hot water and use your dry eraser to clean off smudges. This step kind of "polishes" it off but is not necessary if you don't have any minor surface level scuffs.
One final rinse and a wipe down with a paper towel and you are done my friend! And no harmful chemicals were used which is a bonus!
Voila! Now your sink faucet shines like a brand new one!!! With a little elbow grease and a couple cleaning tools and supplies you have saved yourself lots of money and can prolong the life of your existing sink and faucet!

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

• Marlene

Is this safe to use on Stainless Steel?

• V

They say to soak shower heads in vinegar and they are stainless. So they’ll get damaged?

• Tonya

Will it clean mildew from shower walls

• Patti Nicholas

Depends on the type of wall, vinegar (Or any other acidic cleaner) should NEVER be used on

granite, marble, terrazzo, travertine or any other type of stone.

• Finley Rae

Will the vinegar harm a stainless steel sink and faucet? Any other suggestions on cleaning this type of sink? Mahalo

• Patti Nicholas

Yes, the acid can discolor and/or pit the stainless over time. Use a ph neutral cleaner.

• Joanie

I'll be tryin' this fix......thank you!

• Patti Nicholas

While this is a good fix for your particular type of sink and faucet. This is not a good choice if you have granite counter tops, stainless steel, soapstone, or other natural stone surfaces. Vinegar is an acid and will damage the surface.