Creating a Relaxing Master Bedroom by Mixing Old and New

I truly believe that creating a room is like putting a puzzle together. It evolves over time as you find and add just the right pieces. This room has lots of old and new. The sleigh bed is something that we purchased about 12 years ago which you can see in the before picture.
We needed more storage so we picked up the pretty armoire on craigslist for $100. It matches the bed almost perfectly! We also snagged the dresser on craigslist for $100…
Most of picture frames in the collage and in the room I picked up from thrift stores or garage sales here and there I buy them if they are a good deal and store them until they come in handy. Some where spray painted in Oil Rubbed Bronze but the others I kept the colors they were. I don’t usually like to mix gold and silver but the deer head caught my eye at Marshalls and just worked out with everything else I had. The 2 pieces of art were $1 and $6 at a garage sale.
The vanity was handed down to me from my grandmother. A few years ago I had it refinished and changed out the pulls.
My husband faced the fireplace and build the mantle. I wish we had taken pictures while he was doing it so I could show you. The sides are just flat MDF boards wrapped in trim, pretty simple but very pretty.
For more information about how this project came together and others we've done along the way, please visit www.mylifeonkayderosscreek.com or find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lifeonkayderosscreek/

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek

• Sugar
    Sugar

Lovely green walls-what paint did you use? Thank you

• Nancy
    Nancy

A beautiful and soothing room. What is the wall color and the trim color please? Thank you.

1 comment