Creating a Relaxing Master Bedroom by Mixing Old and New

I truly believe that creating a room is like putting a puzzle together. It evolves over time as you find and add just the right pieces. This room has lots of old and new. The sleigh bed is something that we purchased about 12 years ago which you can see in the before picture.
We needed more storage so we picked up the pretty armoire on craigslist for $100. It matches the bed almost perfectly! We also snagged the dresser on craigslist for $100…
Most of picture frames in the collage and in the room I picked up from thrift stores or garage sales here and there I buy them if they are a good deal and store them until they come in handy. Some where spray painted in Oil Rubbed Bronze but the others I kept the colors they were. I don’t usually like to mix gold and silver but the deer head caught my eye at Marshalls and just worked out with everything else I had. The 2 pieces of art were $1 and $6 at a garage sale.
The vanity was handed down to me from my grandmother. A few years ago I had it refinished and changed out the pulls.
My husband faced the fireplace and build the mantle. I wish we had taken pictures while he was doing it so I could show you. The sides are just flat MDF boards wrapped in trim, pretty simple but very pretty.
For more information about how this project came together and others we've done along the way, please visit www.mylifeonkayderosscreek.com or find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lifeonkayderosscreek/

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek

• Sugar

Lovely green walls-what paint did you use? Thank you

• Nancy

A beautiful and soothing room. What is the wall color and the trim color please? Thank you.

1 comment