Hand painted floor cloth . . . on a budget.

At The Next Cool Event, one of the exhibits was a design inspired by "I Dream of Jeannie". The idea was to create a floor that appeared to be custom tile. . . on a budget. Instead, we used the back side of a piece of linoleum vinyl flooring that we got as a remnant. My first custom floor cloth project was done this way almost 15 years ago. With quality products, they last for years.
The painted vinyl was set in place and easily cut to the exact size in the shape that we needed.
The back side of the vinyl was primed and base coated. The image of the design was projected on to the surface and traced with chalk.
It was laid out on the floor where the design was painted starting from the inside and working outward.
. . . and painted . . . and painted!
Top coats were applied. It was allowed to dry before rolling for transport.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great

• Laurat1128

this is FAB!!!! how did you make the walls of the bottle?

• Michelle

What base and top coat did you use?
    • At the time, we used 2 coats of a product by Benjamin Moore called Stays Clear. Any poly will do as long as it is water based. Any solvent based product will discolor over time. We only did 2 coats because this event only went on for a week.

• Barb in Texas

This is beautiful, but I'd be curious how to finish the edges on a round rug. Off to research yet another project to add to my bucket list, sigh... :)

• Kristin Topping

What a lovely painted floor that not only enhance the look value of your space but also increase its resale value.I really appreciate your design and ideas and I think a certified professional can do this project in a very methodical way in within your resource.