Ana illausky
Ana illausky
  • York, SC

How To Make A Paving Stone Planter Box !

Last year there was a great sale on paving stones, priced at 5 for $1.00 at Lowes. So we purchased 200 of them. Months had passed and it finally came to me what we could do to utilize the inexpensive stones.
how to make a paving stone planter box, concrete masonry, container gardening, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds
So we had to get the ground level for this process. The area was dug out.
We used a 2 x 4 and a level for the area to make sure it would be flat.
To help keep stones from shifting we used paving base the full length of the box, 8 feet by 17 inches for a narrow box that was needed for the area.(Paving base 3 - 40 pound bags).
Stamped into place and measured again for leveling .
Laying of the stones.
This look was done with 3/4 of the stones.
I filled with perennials for a year around look ,this also makes my planter box cost worthy.
For my love of birds there are a few bird houses located through out our property.
I just love how this came out next to my crafting cottage where I spend a lot of time enjoying nature!

Alexandria Moulding 102X4-WS096C1 2 in. x 4 in. x 8 ft. Stud Grade
Ana illausky

• Strongminded

how high do you think you can stack the bricks with out falling over? Do you think knee high is too high? (so I wouldn't have to bend?)

• Janet Ferkovich

Got a lot out of this question and answer. Didn’t even know that base existed and I often wondered “how the heck?” Now, I’m so excited❣️ My husband built my raised garden/vegetable planter boxes waste high for me and I love it! I can vision a theme now♥️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉

• Britt Britt

I live in a city-my "backyard" is a pretty big sized area of non-level cement. My landlord is ok with "beautifying" but I don't know that laying more cement to level a piece of the patio counts. Any suggestions?
    • Lin Collins

You mean there is a concrete pad which is not level due to settling over the years? Or was it deliberately built with a slope? Using sand on top of concrete won't solve your problem. If not too much of a slope exists you could cut a piece of treated 4 x 4 to match it, using it as a base for your bricks

• Nancy Harris

We are 87 yrs and 78 yrs old, downsizing. Our new house has a landscaped small fronbt yard. The back yard will be up to us. The homes patio is tiny, we need to add on to it. How much were the pavers and where did you get them

Love what you've done. Thanks Nancy

• Suzanne

That looks really nice and greatly improved the look of that previously blank wall. Thank you for sharing with us!

• Monica Lau

Looks awesome. I am renting a house and the backyard is in need of some of these to make it look more pleasing on the eye. I'll be looking out for people getting rid of pavers and living in Western Australia there are alot of people who have pavers.

:)