How To Make A Paving Stone Planter Box !

Last year there was a great sale on paving stones, priced at 5 for $1.00 at Lowes. So we purchased 200 of them. Months had passed and it finally came to me what we could do to utilize the inexpensive stones.
how to make a paving stone planter box, concrete masonry, container gardening, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds
So we had to get the ground level for this process. The area was dug out.
We used a 2 x 4 and a level for the area to make sure it would be flat.
To help keep stones from shifting we used paving base the full length of the box, 8 feet by 17 inches for a narrow box that was needed for the area.(Paving base 3 - 40 pound bags).
Stamped into place and measured again for leveling .
Laying of the stones.
This look was done with 3/4 of the stones.
I filled with perennials for a year around look ,this also makes my planter box cost worthy.
For my love of birds there are a few bird houses located through out our property.
I just love how this came out next to my crafting cottage where I spend a lot of time enjoying nature!
Ana illausky

• Ellen

Did you glue these into place?

• Liz

There is nothing in the materials list for adhesive. This is a dry stacked brick planter, held in place just by the weight of the pavers.

• Jewels Williams

What product did you use to keep the bricks in place?

• Liz

• Brenda

Is that a portable Premier shed? We have 1 and I love this idea for around the outside of it! Thanks for sharing!

-Brenda Lynn

• Ana illausky

Hi Brenda, we took basic plans and changed them to make my space with a higher roof line for storage, and a few feet wider. Also we made the door way to fit 1 door instead of double doors(like a shed), window added for natural light. Thanks