From Simple Screened Porch to Entertaining Oasis *Cheap

$100

For about $50 I turned our "nice" screened porch into and outdoor cozy, homey space that beckons us all to kick our shoes off and curl up on the sofa for a evening movie, afternoon chat with a pal and even a comfy napping nook, complete with light down comforters and pure white linens. Perfect for those overnight guests or myself.
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, Before the renovation which included ripping out that overheard vinyl ceiling and opening up the space
Before the renovation, which included ripping out that overheard vinyl ceiling and opening up the space.
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, Cleaning
Cleaning...
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, By the way Home Depot ran out of the promo since I took them all lol But Lowes honored the same deal Awesome
By the way, Home Depot ran out of the promo (since I took them all, lol. But Lowes honored the same deal. Awesome
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, I lucked out and hit a heck of a sale at Home Depot This little stack was on bottom shelf very inconspicuous looking I was sure there must be an error since just 1 dropcloth was the same brand size price as two in this pack
I lucked out and hit a heck of a sale at Home Depot. This little stack was on bottom shelf,very inconspicuous looking & I was sure there must be an error since just 1 dropcloth was the same brand, size & price as two in this pack.
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, Big Lots or Walmart pks of 6 to 8 size according to your mounting rod
Big Lots or Walmart pks of 6 to 8 size according to your mounting rod.
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, After Ceiling removal
After Ceiling removal
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, I was already excited at the difference with removing the old white ceiling
I was already excited at the difference with removing the old white ceiling.
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, Found this incredible vintage Pottery Barn solid wood sofa w all down feathers for 30 on Craiglist Woohoo Replaced covers to match decor
Found this incredible vintage Pottery Barn solid wood sofa w/ all down feathers, for $30 on Craiglist. Woohoo! Replaced covers to match decor,
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, Pin tucked classic
Pin tucked classic
from simple screened porch to entertaining oasis cheap, outdoor living, porches, From Car bay looking into porch
From Car bay looking into porch
SEE 13 MORE PHOTOS...

• Anna M Rivera

I love your screen porch room. It's exactly the idea I've been looking for. Thanks for creating a beautiful place. I know you enjoy it. I hope that when I use your ideas it'll look just as good Thanks

• Connie Lorraine

Thank you Anna. The dropclothes are easily attached to the rod with drapery clips.

Best,
      Connie :)

, Like the ones shown here

• Dpbeee2

That room looks very inviting! Makes me want to run out and buy drop cloths and string lights for my porch. Thank You.

• Ard7370318

What a great idea and looks so comfy and inviting! I imagine it's nice and cool when there's a breeze on the wind too! I'd love to be able to do this with my upper deck. It would make the perfect place to do it except I'd never get my husband to let me completely enclose it! We have wildlife that comes up on our deck at night and early mornings so my deck would have to be completely closed to keep them out. Oh well maybe someday and in the meantime I'm keeping your pretty porch in my favorites list just in case I do talk him into doing ours!  Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing with the rest of us.