DIY Pallet Seasonal Planter Signs

We switch the wreath on our front door to celebrate the seasons - why not spice up your planter and add curb appeal with the same idea at minimal cost?
diy pallet seasonal planter signs, container gardening, diy, gardening, pallet, woodworking projects
So you can buy planters at a garden store but I happened to have picked up these wood storage cubes on the curb so the price was more favorable.
After letting them sit in my yard for over a month with lots of rain (and snow) they seemed to brave the elements. I painted them with DIY chalk paint (very thick on the plaster of Paris because I thought that might help it brave the rain). Then I drilled holes in the bottom of the cube to drain water.
I know. You're wondering how I measured those holes so exactly. I drilled the holes after my both kids were in bed so I was a little frazzled by this point in the day.
Make your pallet signs by cutting the wood to your desired size and using wood glue and shims (or other scrap wood).
Paint them based on the season and attach a picture hanger to the back.
Add a picture hanger to the planter. These are adjustable so they can be tightened so your sign doesn't blow away after all your hard work.
Now plant! My green thumb is very weak. So you'll do better than me! In the Fall I'll switch to a pumpkin sign and mums. Mums are less maintainece and therefore better for a gal like me.
(Imagine mums :)
(Imagine mums :)
Is this something you'd like outside your house? Visit my blog for more Ideas or just to say hi!
Rachel (@ pinterestingplans.com)