Bathroom Floor Tile or Paint?

I wanted a new bathroom floor, I love the tiles they have now, but it just was not in the budget at this time, so I painted the old linoleum with Shabby Chalk-Acrylic Paints.
First thing you do is clean the floor with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water and rinse well.
I wanted it to look like weathered wood. For my first coat I used SB Garfield Grey.
For the next step I dry brushed SB Alamo White on. To dry brush you use a very small amount of paint on your dry brush, I put a teaspoon on a plate and just hit the tip of my brush in it.
The next color of paint was SB Lillian Grey. What you are doing now is blending the paint colors, so you will be adding all the colors over and over again until you blend and get the look you want.
At this point you might want to use a spray bottle to mist the floor and blend the paint.
The next step is to add the grout lines. The linoleum had lines indented in it so I used those, a ruler, and a small artist brush.
The last step is to top coat the floor and I used Shabby Paints Varnish, I applied 2 coats. I painted my tile floor at the top of my stairs over a year ago and it is holding up wonderfully so I know this floor will stand up to all the abuse it will get!q

• Debra Wood

I love your floor! I am going to try this! Thanks

• Anna of 4

My guest bath was one half carpet and one half linoleum. I took up the carpet, bc I just couldn't get the skunk smell out. Then I tiled with peel and stick tile. It's a shabby job but it works. I really like your idea and think I'll give it a try. If it works out for me, I'll do my kitchen floor next. TFS