Bathroom Floor Tile or Paint?

I wanted a new bathroom floor, I love the tiles they have now, but it just was not in the budget at this time, so I painted the old linoleum with Shabby Chalk-Acrylic Paints.
First thing you do is clean the floor with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water and rinse well.
I wanted it to look like weathered wood. For my first coat I used SB Garfield Grey.
For the next step I dry brushed SB Alamo White on. To dry brush you use a very small amount of paint on your dry brush, I put a teaspoon on a plate and just hit the tip of my brush in it.
The next color of paint was SB Lillian Grey. What you are doing now is blending the paint colors, so you will be adding all the colors over and over again until you blend and get the look you want.
At this point you might want to use a spray bottle to mist the floor and blend the paint.
The next step is to add the grout lines. The linoleum had lines indented in it so I used those, a ruler, and a small artist brush.
The last step is to top coat the floor and I used Shabby Paints Varnish, I applied 2 coats. I painted my tile floor at the top of my stairs over a year ago and it is holding up wonderfully so I know this floor will stand up to all the abuse it will get!q

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items

• Jeana

What did you seal your floor with?

• Jean

I would love to do my kitchen floor. Is it very hard to so. ? Thanks so much for sharing this. Love it

• Sandra

Can you do this project over tile?

• AKP

The first time this was posted to Hometalk, I saved it. There are a lot of people who paint their vinyl floors, but this is the coolest/best one I have saved. Great job!

• Melissa Stork

DIY bathroom makeovers inexpensively.