Turn Your Wicker Basket Into a Hypertufa Concrete Garden Basket

I sometimes collect baskets to put pots in my garden. Unfortunately they do not last but one season because wicker rots out in the weather. I do not know why I did not do this sooner but here is my solution for any of those $1 wicker baskets you find at garage/yard sales-
Dip them in hypertufa (or concrete) and turn them into garden planters and baskets. There are steps to follow and you need to find
turn your wicker basket into a hypertufa concrete garden basket, concrete masonry, container gardening, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling
This is the basket painted with Rustoleum 2x spray paint Expresso
You will need a wicker basket that absorbs water- not twigs or plastic - to soak before dipping
Dip the basket in your mix and coat it (but sticks and twig handles do not hold the mix). You can read a bit more on my blog.
This basket has a hole because the bottom was rotted and I put my finger through it while moving it. I still drilled large holes for drainage after basket cured
I had to chip away the concrete/hypertufa off the twig part because it did not stick.

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 02, 2018 11:55 PM - More info
The Garden Frog with C Renee

3 questions on this project