Goodbye Carpet, Hello Stenciled Floor With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

We removed our dirty stained carpet and painted the existing concrete sub floor with a stencil and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The overall color is Duck Egg Blue. The stencil color is Old White. The stencil is Skylar's Lace by Royal Design Studio.
The completed floor. Wall treatment is a silver foil decorative finish.
Skylar's Lace stencil from Royal Design Studios.
The bedroom before with dirty carpet.
Stenciling with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Skylar's Lace stencil from Royal Design Studios.
The concrete subfloor after the carpet was removed.
Completed stenciled floor

Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes

• Jacqui codling

Hi this floor is stunning but equally the wall behind the headboard is gorgeous. What type of material is used for this effect please??

• Marian Padgett

THIS IS SO GOOD..... I HAD SEEN IT DONE ON CEMENT FLOOR IN A FURNITURE STORE. THEY MARBLE IT. BEAUTIFUL.......YOURS IS REALLY A LOT BETTER AND PRETTIER. I WAS WANTING TO DO THIS, BUT UNDER MY CARPET IS PLYWOOD. WOULD THIS WORK ON A PLYWOOD FLOOR?? CAN YOU SAND A PLYWOOD FLOOR????

• @Marian Padgett Thanks so much! Yes, you can do this on plywood. It should stand up to a light sanding. Make sure to put a top coat on it like Modern Masters Master Clear Supreme.

• Patricia Thomas

Thank you for providing so many ideas to upgrade our home inexpensively. Your bedroom redo is stunning. Is there a link that I can check for step by step instructions? I have wood underlayment under our old carpet and would like instructions before attempting this. Again, thank you.

• Karen

I love it! is the floor slippery when it gets wet?

• Joan Torstrick

Did you treat the cement floor before the stencil ?

• Maxine Waller

I'm interested on that wall treatment! It's gorgeous

• Sue

How does I take foot traffic? Do it scratch easily?

• MeiYue

Ask again in English please.

• Lyn21626978

Linxinyue02 Really?! Don't take the fun out of learning. Sue, I was wondering the same thing.

• Michelle Baumeister

I painted a bedroom floor once (with colorful stenciling around the edges), and except for the main traffic area, it looks terrific. I would like to know how many layers of "protection" I should have put on it so it would last longer.

• Ann

What the wall treatment?

• Adelle Aaberg

Looks like silver leaf which comes in 5x5" squares. This would have been labor intensive, but the result is stunning!

• Ann Lark Noonan

There are metallic paints made by Modern Masters which are really easy to work with.
  • Nina

Hi!! What a pretty😍 Did you seall it after you paint it soooo when you wash it don't go off?

• Susan

How do I get details on the wall process???? Love it
  • Carol

could I do the sort of idea on a garage floor?
    • Jojo Snow

Why not? Sounds like a fun idea. Probably need a special sealer to make sure it holds up.
  • Lester Mae Green

Did you seal your cement floor before you stencil the floors. Very beautiful!!
  • Johnnie Lewis

What was the brand name and color of paint on the wall.
  • Pat Warden

What are your thoughts/suggestions about doing this on a plywood subflooring? We are trying to sell our house and everyone is saying they don't want carpeting in the bedrooms. We don't want to put in the cost of removing the carpeting and putting in hardwood, but this might be a cost-effective alternative.
    • Maura Campbell

Even though this floor treatment is quite pretty, I would not recommend it for a sales house. When updating for a sale, you do want to be cost conscious but you want, in general, to appeal to the largest number of people to increase the likelihood of sale. You want to interest buyers across different age, interests and cultures. That is why is it generally safer to stay with neutrals. You want to create enough interest that the buyer can see themselves and their things in your space and you can use portable items such as pillows, art, and table/shelf items to add color and interest to the rooms that you are showing. They can move with you. Remember, less is more so cut down on clutter and personal items. As a buyer, I would shy away from this floor treatment because I would be concerned about durability, cleaning, etc. I would see this as something I would have to spend money on to fix. Unless you are selling your house as a fixer upper, you want to avoid or minimize what may appear to the buyer to be a project. And flooring can be an expensive project. That is your concern and your buyers, too. While many people do not want carpeting in the bedroom, there are many people who prefer carpeting to what they consider a cold or hard floor, such as hardwood. I think hardwood however, has the broader appeal. Shopping for hardwood on-line and choosing a prefinished or even an engineered hardwood and having it installed by a local merchant can save you a LOT of money! Good luck getting your house sold!
  • Dawn

What paint colour/method was used on the walls. I am intrigued, never seen this in the UK. Absolutely fantastic, your whole room is on my wish list!
  • Pet11437335

What did u seal the floor with when finished stenciling. I'm thinking about doing something like this in my master bedroom closet I kinda need to know
    • Dmholt4391

I've not done this, but plan to, but from reading these projects for quite a while, Polyurathane is used quite a bit. You would probably have to decide on oil based or water based and whether they yellow over time, if that would matter to you. Personally, I will always go w/ the oil. I wouldn't trust water based if liquid was spilled on it not to leave a 'spot' that you could see. Good luck, they are beautiful.

• Judy Lynn Ellebracht

I was wanting to know how you did the bedroom wall? The silver foil.

• Heather

what is that wallpaper? wallcolor? the silver. Thanks. Looks great btw.

• Cathy

Will this work on a plywood floor? It’s beautiful I’d be afraid to walk on it!!

• Bobby N Cindy

I have old wood floors that I just pulled the carpet up. It has glue from the old pad and carpet. Does anyone know if this can be sanded down and then stenciled on?

• Andrea Winieski

Love ...1890 home here ...70s addition...Poured cement now for floor... l will be copy “Catty“... Your job is Beautifully done...And my family now Understands what I have been going on about! Thanks 😊