Mothers Day Gift Idea, Painted, Floral, Garden Art...

Please help me pick which to gift my MIL for Moms day...? I can't decide!
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Hot Pink
Aquamarine
Glass flower art... easier than I thought!
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Materials
Materials..
Select your glassware, plates, candle holders, at flea markets. Can be slightly chipped. Nothings perfect. :) Wash & dry & run some rubbing alcohol over them with a Q tip, just to make sure they're really clean of any debris.
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Gloss Enamel Acrylic paints
Gloss Enamel Acrylic paints
Some you may like painted solid..
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Glass Stain
Glass Stain
Some you may like stained. The stained church window look. Watch for puddles! Let dry 24 hrs. Also adhere your candle holders etc. where you'd like them. With E6000.
Now apply your hockey puck, w/ a 1/2" hole drilled, 1/2 way up the side, to hold your stem. OR 1/2 " plumbers bell hanger -found at Lowes. I tried both. Adhere w/Loctite Marine glue, Or E6000. NOTE: Before glueing.. Make sure you know how you want your flower to look on the stem. The glue is permanent. Let dry 24 hrs.
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, STEMS
STEMS
STEM & handiest little tool EVER created! A RIDGID tension soft pipe cutter. Ask hubby or hardware employee to show you how EZ it is! Cut your 1/2" copper rod to the length you desire. NOTE: These are kind of heavy when you get them assembled, so pounding them into the ground a good foot or so will be adequate. Some even pound a rerod, then the copper pipe over that. -Lowes
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, LEAVES
LEAVES
Use your RIDGID pipe cutter to cut your leaves after you carefully form them. Simply spot weld to the stems. I got 8 leaves per roll of soft copper tubing. 5.99 -Lowes.
They can stay out in rain or wind. I plan on bringing mine in for the cold Mich winters. Just because.
Now... Which to give to my MIL?? Hmmm?
Just add sunshine! This was an overcast April day. My sons birthday as a matter of fact. *~HaPpY BiRtHdAy~* Jason!
1st try at glass painted stained garden flower art , crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Happy Mothers Day
Happy Mothers Day!!!
Thank you for viewing, Happy Mothers Day to EVERY sort of mother.!!

• Misc. glassware, Various colors, gloss, enamel, & or, translucent glass stain, Loctite Marine glue,  (JoAnn Fabrics & Lowes)
  • TOOLS to have on hand= Rubbing alcohol, wet rag, dry rag, Ridgid tension soft pipe cutter. 1 roll so

• Suzanne Brown

I used the E0006 glue and let stand for 24 hours. It did not hold up fell right off. Any suggestions?

• Jason Mercer

I tried to do something like this, I have a dish that had a pressed design on it so I used the glass stain but you can barely see the glass stain once it dries. Your colors look so vivid and pop mine are just blah. Can you tell me what is the secret. Do I use more of the stain......? The yellows in my project most of them you can not see at all, most of the others show up but are just not nearly as nice looking as yours. please help. The package offered no directions at all that I saw either. Thanks a ton for your he;p!!

, this is my glass stained creatione not too vivid
    • Mickey Baron

First off, WOW, what a pretty plate! I see what you were trying for. It's the same thing I did. Filled ea. pocket with stain. And yes, you're right, I filled, let dry, & filled again, to achieve the look. Also, the stain does not withstand the heat from the sun as much. You have to put it in a shade part of the garden. Otherwise it melts in the full sun. I don't use the stain anymore for that reason. ~live n learn~ I am now mainly, using glossy acrylic glass paint. I love your look on the plate though. You have the ~eye~. Thank you for asking.

• Linda Dugas

These are so Pretty. I would try this, but nobody would see these in our backyard. Our front porch and front yard gets the afternoon sun and in summer, it is BLAZING, here in North Carolina. Do you think that the glossy Acrylic paint would hold up in the summer sun or is there any other options?? Any answers would be appreciated :) Linda > North Carolina.

• Martha

wow all are nice. If a pink person go pink !!

• Brenda Cooley

People are so crafty. I love crafts as well, I'll have to try this up in Canada where I live. You ladies could all share your plates to get a variety going in your gardens. There is no end to our imaginations. Love it