Another Lighthouse

We've seen this project before, but I thought I'd try my hand at it since I had these pots that were in rough shape. If it didn't work out, no problem because I was getting rid of them anyway!
Here they are, pretty gross and somewhat crumbly, except for the small one. I scraped and scrubbed the two larger ones to get the chipping stuff off. Washed them well and let them dry completely.
I spray painted them using Rustoleum's Antique White.
Living close to the beach, I've got a nautical theme going, and I absolutely love "ocean" colors like navy blue and teal. So I added stripes in those colors.
I have this lantern that has been waiting to be used somehow. It was dirty and rusty, so I washed it first.
I painted it navy blue and added a tea light candle. The place that I was going to place my lighthouse doesn't get much direct light, so I opted for a battery operated tea light instead of a solar powered light.
I painted on some windows and a door and set it by my front door. By the way, I used a weatherproof adhesive to attach the lantern so it wouldn't be knocked off. I think it turned out great and really goes with my nautical theme!

These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Memorial Day Crafts
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day

• Vickie

Was wondering why you used interior paint?

• Susie McDonald

I wondered the same thing. As it won’t stand up to weather changes. Im

thinking a few coats of varnish spray to waterproof it myself.

• Susan

I also love the wreath on the door! Any directions?

• Kathleen

It looks like a grape vine wreath with white star fish glued in groups of three and then a large natural colored starfish in the center.

• Sarah Kohzad

Make simple bunk bed?

• Kevin

i love this looking for an old lantern or another idea for the top?

Y'all have an idea for the top so I need not buy a lantern?

i have a BIG lighhouse on the deck paid $100 for the "top" a light with a cord, red from Lighthouse Man .

Kevin

• Denise Fanelli

People pay a lot of money for those old moss covered pots. Beauty, truly, is in the eye of the beholder. I like them both ways. This project is on the to do list! Thanks for the inspiration!