Linda G
Linda G
  • Orlando, FL

Make Your Garden Sparkle With Crystals

I decided to take all of my left over crystals from previous projects and make these crystal sun catchers. I had them hanging across my window but it seemed too much, so I hung them in our bottle brush tree just out side my window. The sun beans thru the leaves, they sway and sparkle. Now, each time I look outside my window, I smile and say; "C'est un jour parfait" (It's a perfect day).
Made 14, crystal tassels with  Beadalon 49 count stainless steel wire. hung each tassel on steel chains, at varying lengths. Attached each to a circle made of 18 gauge steel wire with round crystals strung between each tassel
Made 14, crystal tassels with Beadalon 49 count stainless steel wire. hung each tassel on steel chains, at varying lengths. Attached each to a circle made of 18 gauge steel wire with round crystals strung between each tassel
So far there are 7 sun catchers. I have to get better hangers.
Another angle. These are made with 18 gauge steel wire. 2 halves bent in a oval shape - strung with crystals. The center drop is made with 1 wire but the crystal ball is attached with the Beadalon wire, for movement.
This one is made the same, but I used steel chains to attached the crystals drops.
By using 18 gauge wire it is thin enough to bend and for 10mm crystals to be strung.
This one is made the same, but I used steel chains to attached the crystals drops. By using 18 gauge wire it is thin enough to bend and for 10mm crystals to be strung.
This one made the same with added bicone crystals.
For the center I used super thin stainless steel shiny chains to resemble rain. They sway and sparkle just as much as the crystals.

• Paula

How do I get to the directions to make the spiral sun catchers?

• Bernice H

@Kelly S Did you see these? I bet you have made something like these. We are in MX now..what are you up to? I left all my makings in Yakima! Now I wish I had them.

• Bernice H

Oh those durn squirrels just don't appreciate beauty...always thinking it is something to eat. . I Have a ground squirrel living under our house ,he is really cute ,has trained me to throw stuff from the balcony ....treats! He likes tortillas..becuz he is a Mexican squirrel! Ha

• Merrill

so pretty, i think the squirrels will love the touch of class!