Saving4Six
Saving4Six
  • Chardon, OH

How To Clean A Deck

$10.00

Our deck hadn't been cleaned in MANY years and needed some desperate attention. After researching inexpensive ways to clean a deck, we got busy and with some elbow grease, got it cleaned in no time. We found our most inexpenisive yet effective way to clean was using a mixture of two parts water to one part bleach and a heavy bristle brush for scrubbing.
The mildew and dirt had really taken over, causing an ugly and somewhat dangerous surface.
Here you can see as the transformation was taking place.  The wood looks so much better after a good scrubbing.
Here you can see as the transformation was taking place. The wood looks so much better after a good scrubbing.
The cleaning solution bleached out the wood but we planned to cover it with stain anyway.
This is after we had finish the entire process of cleaning and staining the deck.
Saving4Six

• Donna Crosland

I invested in a small power washer and love it - as I live in Seattle and we get a lot of "added" green to our outdoor areas - including decks, outdoor furniture, walkways and driveways. It does use any chemicals - just water and does an amazing job. Nice $120 investment at Sears. (but I am sure other places have them as well).
  • Jennifer

Wow! the difference is huge! Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to use this guide for my home cleaning