Tara
Tara
  • Pleasant Valley, NY

Adding a Shelf to an Old Window

I love decorating with old windows. They add warmth, interest and there's a lot of history in those panes!
adding a shelf to an old window, how to, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas
When I saw this window laying in a pile at my family's lake house I knew I had to have it!
I had the perfect spot in our family room above the couch for it but I wanted to add a little shelf to display my pretty things.
I painted the window, purchased a small pine board and small brackets from hobby lobby.
I used the brackets upside down so they would fit on the window and also give the window a little interest.
I also painted the brackets white and distressed to go along with the vintage window.
I love the way it came out and I can't wait to change it up during all of the seasons!

• Wood
  • Window
Tara

• Blindsgalore

I love the vintage look you were going for, you did a great job!

• Donna Hamilton Blake

I have a couple of these windows. I have been looking for the perfect idea for them. This is it. I love this. Thanks for sharing.

Don a B