Adding a Shelf to an Old Window

I love decorating with old windows. They add warmth, interest and there's a lot of history in those panes!
When I saw this window laying in a pile at my family's lake house I knew I had to have it!
I had the perfect spot in our family room above the couch for it but I wanted to add a little shelf to display my pretty things.
I painted the window, purchased a small pine board and small brackets from hobby lobby.
I used the brackets upside down so they would fit on the window and also give the window a little interest.
I also painted the brackets white and distressed to go along with the vintage window.
I love the way it came out and I can't wait to change it up during all of the seasons!

• Wood
  • Window

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Tara Boettger

• Donna Hamilton Blake
    Donna Hamilton Blake

I have a couple of these windows. I have been looking for the perfect idea for them. This is it. I love this. Thanks for sharing.

Don a B

• Tonna
    Tonna

Truly beautiful! I am sitting on our couch and I literally, just turned around and looked up at the wall behind the couch and i can absolutely "see" a window shelf! Thank you for your inspiration, ma'am! 😊 Tonna Chavez Ott