Jessica
Jessica
  • Hollywood, FL

I Love You to the Moon and Back Mason Jar Luminaries

$10

As a tradition each year, we do a craft for Dad. This way, he gets something new and original each time. This year, we made mason jar luminaries with a special note attached.
i love you to the moon and back mason jar luminaries, crafts, mason jars
This Father's Day craft is so simple to make and you really don’t need a lot of time to get it done. Let’s get started!
What you need:
Mason Jar with Lid
LED Votive Candles
Sheet of Adhesive Vinyl
Hairspray
Glitter
Scissors
Burlap Ribbon
Glue Gun
I Love you to the Moon and Back Printable
Directions:
Download and print the I Love you to the Moon and Back printable from my blog post and cut out the tag(s).
http://www.timeoutwithmom.com/2016/06/fathers-day-i-love-you-to-the-moon-and-back-mason-jar-luminaries.html
Using your sheet of adhesive vinyl, trace or draw a moon shape and cut it out. Then, adhere the vinyl cutout to the inside of the mason jar.
Spray the inside of your mason jar with hairspray and add glitter. Close the top and shake all around so the glitter will coat the glass.
Remove the excess glitter and peel the moon off very carefully (I used tweezers).
Cut a 9 1/2" piece and two 4 1/2" pieces of burlap ribbon.
Using a glue gun, glue the two 4 1/2" pieces to the removable portion of the mason jar lid.
Glue the 9 1/2" ribbon around the lid and fold under.
Place inner portion of the lid back in and top the jar.
Glue the pre-cut tag to the top of the jar and attach a burlap bow to the side, if desired.
I always feel like I have to add a bow to my mason jar crafts for some reason. For this one, I just cut a long piece and glued the ends together. I cinched the bow in the middle and wrapped a burlap piece around it to create the center. I then added it to the side with a bit more glue.
Finally, place the LED Votive candle inside of the jar. Replace the lid and watch your jar illuminate for Dad year round!
Visit the Blog for more on this craft and to download my FREE printable "I Love You to the Moon and Back" tags!

• Mason Jar with Lid  (Walmart)
  • LED Votive Candles  (Walmart)
  • Adhesive Vinyl  (Walmart)
Jessica