DIY Christmas Gift - Etching Stainless Steel Tumblers

**Do this outside!** My husband steals all my tumblers so the kids and I decided to get him his own special one.
diy last minute father s day gift etching stainless steel, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor
These tumblers are stainless steel and from Walmart for about $10.
First use adhesive stencils. This is personal use and not for sale so I used a image off the internet.
Attach to your cup. Then get some supplies ready: 9v battery Low voltage wire (old telephone or speaker wire works ) electrical tape Vinegar Salt Q-tips Container Scissors
Tape your positive end to the battery and the cup.
Tape negative end to the battery negative post and wrap around q-tip.
Mix up tablespoon of salt and about a 1/2 cup vinegar.
Dip the q-tip in vinegar mix and start etching! Keep it moving, it will bubble or sizzle when it's working. It stinks so this is why you should be outside. **This is a battery and electric, even though the current is very minimal I still stress to be careful and not let children do this project.**
The longer you stay in one spot the more it removes and the whiter the etching will be. It was 105 degrees outside and I just wanted to be done.
Rinse and clean by hand with soap and water, then double check any spots before removing the stencil.
All done!
We also did the bottom with a joke between my daughter and husband.
Jen Burns

• I found a roll of stainless steel sheet 16inches×12feet. In my good junk pile in garage. I am going to do the same concept but add a weathered frame.

• Wow!!! Tyvm for sharing. This application has sooo many uses. It is amazing