Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

DIY Project ~ My Bicycle Planter

$10

For about a year, I have been admiring those bicycle planters on Pinterest and Hometalk and wanting to make one for our garden. Finding the bike was the hardest part! Then my friend, Renee’, bought a fancy new bike and gave her still usable one to another friend, Suzie. Long story made short: I now had Suzie’s old junker, which was perfect for my project!This old Huffy did not have any baskets, but I had a
My bicycle planter complete with streamers!
Assemble the materials : baskets, plants, dried moss (sphagnum or spanish moss), metal rebar or fence piece, plastic bags.
Step # 1 ~ pound the metal fence piece or rebar in the ground so your finished bike planter is supported.
Step # 2 ~ Attach the baskets to the bike (see more detail on the blog post)
Step # 3 ~ line the baskets with grocery bags to retain moisture and add your plants.Tuck moss in for a finished look.
Step # 4 ~  Add ribbon streamers to the handle bars
Step # 4 ~ Add ribbon streamers to the handle bars
Barb Rosen

• Hilda May

I definitely want to do this in the spring! Hubby has bikes that need to be recycled-no pun intended!

• Barb Rosen

Have fun making your bike planter, Hilda May! They are fun to plant and decorate year-round!