Wood Icing's July 4th Wall Art

This Textured Flag was created on outdoor rough cut paneling. I used Wood Icing® Textura Paste and created the rose lace pattern on the red/orange stripes and on the white strips I used a Rose stencil for the raised relief. We made the stars with a Silhouette Stencil maker and created the raised stars. The Paint was Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan.
wood icing s july 4th wall art, chalk paint, crafts, diy, painting, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor
This textured flag was created on ourt door rough cut paneling with Wood Icing® Textura Paste and Painted was Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan.
I used Wood Icing® Textura Paste mixed with Barcelona Orange Chalk Paint® and created the rose lace pattern on the red/orange stripes and on the white strips I used a Rose stencil for the raised relief.
On the white strips I used a Rose stencil for the raised relief.

• Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan  (Woodicing.com)
  • Wood Icing® Textura Paste  (woodicing.com)
  • Lace  (Fabric store)

To see more: http://www.woodicing.com/

• Ellen

Such a clever idea! But exactly how did you create the rose lace pattern on the red/orange stripes? Did you press the wood icing/paint mixture through the lace or embed the lace into the wood, or something else? It's difficult to understand the process with just one photo of this. Thanks!

• Ellen

Thank you so much for the video! I guess I'm more of a visual learner!

• Pio5406676

What did you use for the stars?

• Wood Icing® Company

We used our Textura Paste from Woodicing.com. We spread it over a stencil. Pulled off the stencil. Allowed that to dry, sanded it smooth a little the painted it white.