80's Fireplace Update - by Leslie Stocker

My FB friend, Leslie Stocker @ Colorways had an 80's fireplace that needed updating - ever see this type of brick and wish it was more modern? Well, Leslie hated it and did something about it!
80 s fireplace update by leslie stocker, fireplace makeovers, fireplaces mantels, painting
She applied a lime wash with Pure & Original’s Fresco Lime paint; the results are quite dramatic. I have used Pure & Original on a project before – I painted my mom's old dresser for a contest, "A Family Dresser Rescue" and loved the quality. They carry specialty paints that give an old world feel that are easy to use and are high quality.
Environmentally friendly, lime paint is a centuries-old finish used as early as 1500 BC. ‘Fresco’ is Italian for ‘working wet’ and is best known in fresco wall murals throughout Europe.
Wanting the fireplace screen to "fade in" she painted the brass trim on the fireplace screen with Rustoleum's High Heat Protective enamel, Satin Black. Being it is a fireplace, a special paint that can withstand high temps ws needed.
The "after" is amazing! Old and outdated turned modern and trendy with the swipe of a brush! Leslie has many other inspiring projects on her website, Colorways.
Paint is such a great tool to update your home, don't you think? There are many different techniques and types of paint that can be used to achieve the most amazing results.
For more information, a link to Leslie's tutorial and more inspirational projects and tips, visit Love My DIY Home at the link below:

• Lime paint  (Pure and Original)
  • Rustoleum High Heat Paint  (Amazon)
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}