Greenhouse From Old Windows

We had this built after a friend gave me the old windows from her house. It's a greenhouse, garden house, hobby place or photography studio etc. Although it looks lovely, using old windows is certainly not energy efficient. I have to cover them with plastic in the winter to keep out the cold wind.
Greenhouse from old windows
Loft, brick floors & shelves for plants.

• Russell N Tammy Burdette

I'm absolutely in live with the loft one I've never seen or thought about adding a loft. No handy man in my house even though I am surrounded with a husband and 3 sons still at home😢. Finding windows for a cheap recycle project is my problem. Due to pinterest everyone wants a good price per windows that use to be thrown away.

• Grandmasue10

Try a site where someone is remodeling or try Habitat for Humanity resale stores. I hear they are reasonable. Don't forget cruisin' around for dumpster diving.

• Grandmasue10

At least you are honest about it not being efficient in the winter. Here in CO we would not expect a green house to hold heat in winter, but use it to start plants earlier than usual. We get warm spring days, but nights can drop well below freezing.