Tara @ Suburble
Tara @ Suburble
  • Canada

No Sew Ottoman Reupholstering

Our leather ottoman somehow contracted a hideous skin condition (peeling and cracking and just looking a hot mess), so I tackled the job of recovering it. I opted to keep it simple and came up with a no-sew way of reupholstering it.
You'd never guess that this was a peeling, horrifying mess just a few hours earlier.
See! It's pretty terrible.
See! It's pretty terrible.
Don't entirely remove the liner (leave it attached in the frame center). Remove the leather.
Reattach the new fabric using a staple gun (and use the pattern as a guide for a consistent look).
At the corners, instead of sewing, fold in the fabric and then staple it into the frame.
Spread out the still-attached liner over the new fabric and use the holes as guides for the legs and hinges.
What a difference! A new look that completely changes the room!
Tara @ Suburble

• Denise

Your ottoman is lovely! How did you get the corners folded so neatly? Can you show how you did this?

• Gfsalvatore1

Do I put betting on top of foam cushion to make it softer before covering with fabric

• Penny

I have a 72 x 72 inch ottoman I bought four yards of fabric 54” wide thing that would be enough I wanted to do a no sew project because I have no sewing machine. But I just cannot figure how to make the fabric look good because it’s going to be cut into two pieces to cover all sides the seem is about 6 inches front m the side and I think they t will not look good. How do I make it look good. I have the same ottoman fake leather that is peeling as well.