No Sew Ottoman Reupholstering

Our leather ottoman somehow contracted a hideous skin condition (peeling and cracking and just looking a hot mess), so I tackled the job of recovering it. I opted to keep it simple and came up with a no-sew way of reupholstering it.
You'd never guess that this was a peeling, horrifying mess just a few hours earlier.
See! It's pretty terrible.
Don't entirely remove the liner (leave it attached in the frame center). Remove the leather.
Reattach the new fabric using a staple gun (and use the pattern as a guide for a consistent look).
At the corners, instead of sewing, fold in the fabric and then staple it into the frame.
Spread out the still-attached liner over the new fabric and use the holes as guides for the legs and hinges.
What a difference! A new look that completely changes the room!

Tara @ Suburble

• Denise

Your ottoman is lovely! How did you get the corners folded so neatly? Can you show how you did this?

• Gfsalvatore1

Do I put betting on top of foam cushion to make it softer before covering with fabric

• Penny

I have a 72 x 72 inch ottoman I bought four yards of fabric 54” wide thing that would be enough I wanted to do a no sew project because I have no sewing machine. But I just cannot figure how to make the fabric look good because it’s going to be cut into two pieces to cover all sides the seem is about 6 inches front m the side and I think they t will not look good. How do I make it look good. I have the same ottoman fake leather that is peeling as well.