Build a Corner Bookcase Using a Door

$100

Want to build a corner bookcase? How about one using an old door? I have created several projects using old doors with my latest being this corner bookcase! It is much easier than you think and is so inexpensive. I used scrap plywood for the shelves, as well as 1x2 lumber ripped from a 1x6 which makes it a whole lot cheaper!
build a corner bookcase using a door, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Before A solid wood door I purchased at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore It was already a gorgeous shade of brown and just needed to be sanded
Before... A solid wood door I purchased at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore! It was already a gorgeous shade of brown and just needed to be sanded.
build a corner bookcase using a door, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, After cutting and staining I cut the door in half lengthwise on my table saw with a helper of course then drilled pocket holes in the back of one piece and put it back together in an L shape using pocket hole screws
After cutting and staining... I cut the door in half lengthwise on my table saw (with a helper, of course!) then drilled pocket holes in the back of one piece and put it back together in an "L" shape using pocket hole screws.
build a corner bookcase using a door, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, When attaching the shelf frame pieces I like to use spacers that way I can make sure every frame piece is evenly spaced and located correctly
When attaching the shelf frame pieces, I like to use spacers that way I can make sure every frame piece is evenly spaced and located correctly!
build a corner bookcase using a door, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, The completed frames before the shelves were installed
The completed frames before the shelves were installed...
build a corner bookcase using a door, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Here is a closeup of the painted shelves and the small plate which is actually part of a cast iron hook I used to cover the hole for the knob
Here is a closeup of the painted shelves and the small plate (which is actually part of a cast iron hook) I used to cover the hole for the knob.
build a corner bookcase using a door, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Success I built frames for each shelf attaching them with glue and brad nails then cut and attached the shelves I painted the shelves and frames with a grey paint in a similar hue to the stain on the door
Success! I built frames for each shelf attaching them with glue and brad nails, then cut and attached the shelves. I painted the shelves and frames with a grey paint in a similar hue to the stain on the door.
Cher @ Designs By Studio C