I wanted a corner shelf in my condo. My daughter had several doors from her 130 y/o home.
Repurposed Door Corner Shelf
Here were the basic steps:
- I cut one door in half, lengthwise and used corner brackets to attach the 2 halves to make a right angle.
- I used caulk in the corner to seal the gaps due to the panels.
- I purchased 2 corner shelves at Lowes.
- I built a shelf at the bottom which added more stability.
- After a healthy coat of paint my corner shelf was ready for the dining room.
- I anchored the unit to the wall using an eye-bolt and wire.
- I kept the glass knob on the door and hung an old skeleton key.
Corner braces attached along back in 4 places
This photo shows the braces attached
This is how I built the bottom shelf with MDF
These 2 shelves were purchased at Lowes, they fit perfectly for this project
Here is the finished project, anchored to the wall with an eye-bolt and wire. This should help to protect grandchildren from tipping!