Raised Formal Koi Pond and Patio

Raised formal Koi pond and patio
raised formal koi pond and patio, concrete masonry, outdoor living, ponds water features

• Nat

Hi! I love this project! Did you have to cement the pavers, or did you just stack them up? I was thinking of using bigger pavers and not cement them. Would this work? Reason being is, I don't want something permanent at the moment. We are planning on building an in-ground pond down the line. Thank you.

• Backyard Getaway

Thanks Nat! We did not cement them we used Liquid nails landscape block adhesive. Keep in mind water is heavy if you don't secure the blocks/bricks the pressure could push them apart depending on how how and wide you make it. An alternative, although not so pretty, would be to use concrete block backfilled with soil and use rebar in every other cylinder staked into the ground at least 1'.

• Backyard Getaway

Hi Linda, I received your email as well and will send you the pictures I have. The weir itself is made specifically for this type installation and only sticks out a couple inches past the retaining wall block. Just enough room for the piping. This particular installation we installed a "bottom drain" in the bottom of the pond liner and plumbed it under ground and up the back to an external pump and filter which was then run through the weir return.

• Mina

Hello,

It's beautiful! What type of paver did you use? The dimension please