Primitive Snowman

Ever look at a pallet and just know what it wants to be? Sometimes I do and part of this one wanted to be a snowman!
I began with a whole pallet and my Dad helped me cut it into pieces. No worries.. the rest of the pallet was used for another project that I will post, too!
I panted the whole pallet white and found a piece to be the brim of the hat.
I needed inspiration for the face so I searched Pinterest and found this face. Here is the link where it came from... its a FREE printable face.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Free+Printable+Snowman+Face+Template&view=detailv2&&id=C5A6E167A8E210BFC8F98B15892842929248B26B&selectedIndex=2&ccid=TcdHwPqf&simid=608031623504137786&thid=OIP.M4dc747c0fa9f9360878e201cd8d4a88fo0

You can also search for printable snowman faces.
To get the spacing on the hat right, I printed the face and laid it all out. I painted the hat and brim black and then attached the brim. I cut out the pieces from my printed paper and used them as a template to cut the face out of very thin plywood. I then sanded the pieces to the face and painted them.
I attached the face using wood glue which worked beautifully! The nose I wanted to be 3D so I added a small wedge of wood behind it. I attached the nose with a small nail and painted over the head of it so it wouldn't show. I attached the mouth the same small nails and liked the little bit of silver showing, so I didn't paint over those. I also cut the bird out of wood painted it black and then repainted it red. The nest is Spanish moss.

• Pallets
  • Black, white, red, orange paint.

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters