Front House & Yard Curb Appeal Makeover

Our poor front was in dire need of a makeover....we finally bit the bullet...
The lawn and the awful trees was my biggest concern...but then soon realized the whole front was hideous...something had to be done!!!
This entry area had been neglected for way too long, even before we bought the house 4 years ago...it was pitiful...id like to meet whoever designed this disaster!
I could post a hundred pics of the before..but I'll cut to the chase.. We tore everything out in the front....replaced the windows first...then had a new lawn installed...then I put in a new, clean looking garden...then a new door was installed...the light fixtures, house numbers, new entry deck...stained the pergola, door, deck to match, make it the focal point....
This is the end product...so much cleaner...garage door trim and upper window trim painted black...
And this!! The 'piece de resistance' in my opinion...so inviting and modern, clean...and a place to decorate with the seasons....and I've noticed a lot of passers by checking it all out...I'm thinking our neighbours are pleased... I know I am pleased and finally proud of my curb appeal!

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Wowhavs
    Wowhavs

Very warm and inviting. LOVE IT! Where did you get your materials/door?

• Lian Wright
      Lian Wright

I had the door manufactured by a local window & door company and stained it myself as I wanted a particular colour/shade

• Mik4656426
    Mik4656426

Awesome! What kind of wood is it? How did you treat it?

• Lian Wright
      Lian Wright

Thanks!! The pergola part over the entry I'm assuming was pressure treated lumber and just stained it...the deck portion built with pressure treated 2x8 and stained it as well

• Carole Gooderham Wilson
    Carole Gooderham Wilson

I'm about to redo our front entry and I'm intrigued by the flooring you have installed is it wood or tile and if it's tile where did you purchase it?

• Ms. G
    Ms. G

It looks like you paid a lot of money to a top designer! wow! It looks amazing!

• Allison Newby
    Allison Newby

Amazing! Totally so much better!!! Fantastic job. I'd imagine it was pricey but it needed it and it just upped the value if the house! And cosmetically very appealing to the eye! Love it!