Easy Fabric Pumpkins!

$1

These pumpkins are easy for anyone including kids to make. They are a useful item (hides toilet paper), and they pack away nicely at the end of the season.

For years now I have been making these tp pumpkins. I originally found the article in Disney's Family Fun Magazine (I saved the article). I have made some moderations to mine...
You'll need: 1 roll of toilet paper for each pumpkin you're going to make. Fabric of your choice Something for the stem - the original project uses a paper bag, I upgraded to a stick. Leaves & vine made of felt and pipe cleaner. I think I'll eventually will upgrade mine to some fake leaves.
My fabric measures 17"x 22". I just cut it, and I didn't do anything to the ends. I have made these for over 15 years now, and I haven't have had too much unraveling happen in that time.
Put your toilet paper in the center of the fabric.
Start by tucking in a corner.
Working your way around the toilet paper, keep stuffing in the fabric creating your desired look.
This is what mine looked like after tucking the fabric into the middle.
Add your stem. I used a stick/branch, but you can used a rolled up piece of brown paper bag as the original suggests.
Cut a leave shape out of the felt. Make a circle with the pipe cleaner to go around the stem. For the spiral - wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil.
Hot glue the other half of the pipe cleaner to the front of the leaf.
Slide the leaf onto the stem and you're done.
When the season is over, put the toilet paper away, fold up your fabric, and put it along with your sticks and leaves into storage. That's it. Great project for kids parties, mom's night out, party favors, etc. If you make one I'd love to see yours!
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Patricia Coetsee

How about a stick of cinnamon for the aroma?

• Stacey Stewart

If giving them as gifts I always put a note. Not for use on bottoms. I usually dust the to with Cinnamon or a nice fall scented oil. The to holds the scent for a very long time. If you don't want to round the roll just put the oil on the cardboard center. Either way you have a great decoration and a scent boost for the bathroom.

• Kate

What do you suggest for Dec.?

• Mary Jean

Take brown fabric and wrap around like pumpkin and use limbs that look like antlers and use a red pompon for a nose to make Rudolph

• Melissa

What can I do with a headboard