How to Clean the Dishwasher Naturally

If your clean dishes still have food stuck on them, it might be time to clean your dishwasher. Cleaning your dishwasher will help bring it back to performing at max efficiency. You can clean your dishwasher naturally with hot water, vinegar and a cleaning cloth.
Remove the bottom rack.
Remove debris around filter and remove filter cover.
Clean filter in hot soapy water.
Clean the filter drain then put cover back on and run an short cycle with 2 cups of vinegar in the bottom. Wipe down after cycle is complete.

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Angela

• Tom
    Tom

OMG, if you have not done a cleaning of your dishwasher like this you are in for a shock when you do. I cleaned mine and there was so much "yucky junk" in the filter I honestly do not know how it was still cleaning the dishes. On second thought, was it really cleaning the dishes? This is now on the monthly to do list.
  • Sydney Rummel
    Sydney Rummel

We have very hard water here. I do clean my appliances with vinegar but before I do that I use some meuratic acid. It comes in liquid form. This will take off all those stubborn lime/calcium buildup from faucets and toilet bowls. Be sure to properly vent the room. Just let it sit about 30 minuets and then scrub as usual.