Upcycled Tin Can Lid Table Top Cover Up - Episode 4 of Dogs Vs Cats

$20.00

We have dogs and we have cats and love them we do, but they can be pretty hard on the furniture. We have a table that sits in front of our big living room window and I don't think I could keep the dogs off of it even if I wanted to.

upcycled tin can lid table top cover up episode 4 of dogs vs cats, living room ideas, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture

After several years and thousands of paws braced to check out the arrival of the postman or other passing pups, our table looked like this.

Not only was the finish worn off but there were deep scratches in the front, so just repainting it wasn't really an option.

So I pondered how to fix it and some how I got this crazy idea. It started with a bunch of tin can lids a camp fire and some tin snips. Then came a whole bunch of thumb tacks, a cordless drill and a hammer.

It took a fair amount of time to cover the whole table top but I really like how it turned out. You can find out more about the project at the link below here.

Thanks for taking a look at my project. Please visit Upcycled Design Lab to subscribe to the email list if you would like to receive more information on the Upcycled and re-purposed projects from the lab. All DIY - Makeovers - Furniture - Tables

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Patty

What stain did you use?

• Yammy

Absolutely gorgeous. Love it. How difficult was it to nail the thumbtacks without the stem bending?

• Gilmer Gal

I can't remember when I first saw this project. Even so, I have been hoarding can tops for quite a while, just waiting to do a table top with this technique. I went for a weekend trip, and while gone, my hubby burned some brush. Before he did, I threw my lids in the fire. It's been raining in Texas for a while, so I haven't been able to check them. I hope they have that rusty look. I am itching to get this done! Did you drill the tiny holes through the lids right to the wood? Or just through the lid?

• Gilmer Gal

Will do, Cindy! I checked the lids and they look pretty good, but I want to 'rust' them a bit more. Thanks so much!

• Carol Cole

I just can't get over how it looks. I thought you were crazy at first, but the end results are great. Love it. You did a wonderful job.

• Harper

This is truly beautiful! I couldn’t imagine how you got all the amazing colors until I read your blog....I see the cat won.