Homemade Fire Starter for Wood Stoves and Fireplaces

Many folks have a woodstoves and fireplaces or even a fire pit. Pouring gas to start a fire is dangerous and lighter fluid can be just as dangerous and has so many fumes. Store bought fire starting bricks are expensive as well. I decided to make my own. I have nearly an acre of corn and more corn cobs than you can shake a stick at... I simply cut the cobs down to 5 and a half inches long so they can fit in a coffee can. Use 1/4 cup of lamp oil and 1/4 cup of olive oil put a lid on the can and shake allow the mixture to soak for 3 hours and you have a fire starter that will do the trick and you take care of the cobs that are slow to compost at the same time.
Corn Cob Fire starter
Cob cut down to 5.24 inches
I get about 20 to 22 per large metal coffee can
1/4 cup of lamp oil you can use any fragrance you want or not
1/4 cup olive oil causes the cob to burn longer thus igniting the tinder and getting the fire going

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!

• Dave
    Dave

dryer lint.....ask any fireman

• Jean calsada
    Jean calsada

That's a great idea we eat a lot of corn on the in season,and our whole family ,grandkids- go camping every year,all ways trying new things to seem (cool grandma for the boys) thanks love it ,ex Girl Scout mother