An Elegant and Simplistic Frame Wreath

$5

This year I was looking for something a little different to hang on my door. I love wreaths, but I'm kind of tired of them. After looking at hundreds of holiday décor ideas, I found this simple frame wreath and fell in love. This frame wreath is a little more elegant, but still very fun for my front door.

Step 1 : Gather Your Materials
I used a cheap picture frame, red spray paint, ornaments, gold string, gold ribbon, and some thumb tacks.

Step 2: Spray Paint the Frame
If you can find a colorful frame, then you can skip this step. But I was using stuff I had in my house, and this frame could be fixed with a bit of spray paint. Before I could spray paint the frame I had to tack off the glass and backing.

Then I was able to spray paint it with a nice, glossy red.

Step 3: Add Ornaments
I added gold ornaments to my wreath. This year I'm really feeling the red and gold color scheme. I pushed thumb tacks into the frame to hold the ornaments on, so that I can easily change them out when I want to. They were really easy to just pop in. If you want more a permanent way to attach the ornaments, staple the string onto the frame with a staple gun.

Step 4: Add Your Bow
I made a bow with my ribbon, and I glued it on using e600. I did this because we have a overhang, and I'm not at all worried about the wreath being exposed to the elements.
I'm really happy with how polished this looks. It's simple, elegant, and the perfect touch to my front door.

• Sandy Meitrott

Why is there garland in the photo, but none on the finished project? How were you originally planning to use that?
  • Paula P

This is really lovely. Do the ornaments hit the door when you open and close it? It seems like they would swing against the door and break.
    • Infoseekrs

You could also just hang it next to your door, maybe by your house number or doorbell
  • Betty Toler

What is a way to use the backing and glass