Living Room Before and After

If you saw our dining room makeover, you know that when I moved in to this house it was a total bachelor pad. Now we are making it home.
This is what the living room looked like after I had started to put a woman's touch on it. Let me just tell you that this is 100% better then the first time I laid eyes on this room.
This picture was taken about a year and a half after the first one, right before we decided to get new carpeting and attempt to get the warm "home-y" feeling we were going for. A rustic touch was an absolute must for our everyday living space.
We started by adding a "pallet" wall with stained 1x6"s for our feature wall.
Once that was done we painted the walls a light gray, painted the trim white and added carpeting. We opted to go for a large sectional for seating.
After about a year, we finally have the room exactly how we want it and this is my favorite spot to spend the evenings after long day.

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Junk Love Boutique
    Junk Love Boutique

Thank you, Glorus42! We enjoy doing just that!

• Margarite
    Margarite

Love it. Wish I could do the same. Where you placed the sectional, I have a floor heat vent and large opening to the dining room.