DIY Flower Pot Christmas Tree

This idea of flower pot Christmas tree came to mind when I saw mini ornaments in "Merry minis" section of Michaels Craft store. They were so cute, tiny and sparkly that I wanted to get them and use it as Christmas decor. So I thought, why shouldn't I make my own tree to hand these ornaments which resulted in the flower pot Christmas tree.You can even make your own tiny ornaments if you can't find these mini ornaments. I did not have enough time to make my own mini ornaments so I ended up using only the ones I bought at the store. Let's see how.
diy flower pot christmas tree, gardening
Use a green floral wire and bend it to the shape of Christmas tree. I used two 3 feet floral wire twisted to make the Christmas tree shape.
Use clear tape and attach the EL wire to the twisted tree shape.
Take a piece of foam board. Use the flower pot and trace the top and bottom of the flower pot onto the foam board and cut it using blade or scissors. Poke a hole in the center of a large circle foam board. Twist the bottom of the Christmas tree shape and poke it through the center. Before that, insert the ends of the EL wire into the hole. You can remove the end of the wire from the controller(The part which holds the battery and has on/off switch) so that it is easy to poke through the hole.
You can cut the remaining wire or just place it inside the pot. Insert the other end through the hole at the bottom and connect it to the controller.
Also, take the mini LED string lights and pass it through the bottom hole and take it through the hole in the foam board.
To see the remaining step by step pictures and how I completed this flower pot Christmas tree, visit my blog.
This Christmas tree is perfect for a mantel display or anywhere in your house. It is so sparkly and Christmas-sy with all the mini lights and ornaments. I hope you will like this idea and give it a try. Share what you think in the comments below.
Sahana