Stenciled Ceiling Medallion in Festive Metallic Paints

Don't forget your "fifth wall"! DIY project for an unexpected way to dress up your holiday dining area!
Metallic Medallion stencil for the holidays
Supplies needed for project
Supplies needed for project
"Before" of dining room ceiling
"Before" of dining room ceiling
This is how the stencil comes to you...you will flip this to other side to complete.
Put brush into stencil paint, off-load onto paper towel & pounce to fill in design.
One side done!
One side done!
Here is the stencil finished...for more drama you can make it larger by adding additional pieces found on-line @Royal Design Studio

• Jackie Mirwaldt

Where do you get the stencils

• Kathy Zorescu Hindrichs

Beautiful!! Where can you purchase this type/size of stencils?

• Susan Flagella Tiano

Do they come in anything else besides gold?
    • Vicki Appleby Bentley

You can use whatever color paint you want. The stencil is just clear plastic. You pick the paint to coordinate with your room.
  • Amy Kiger

How do I take a rectangular shape stencil and shape it around the base of the fixture?
    • Suellen Hintz

From the photo it looks like a semi-circle is cut into the plastic of the stencil.
    • Anna

If your stencil isn't designed specifically for this... Copy it onto white "Contact Paper". This way you can cut out the semi-circle for the chandelier:)

• Terry Lynn

Love it, but I'm wondering if the ceiling has to be flat? Unfortunately my apt has those stupid popcorn bumps.
    Thanks
    Terry
    • Michelle

Popcorn on ceilings are really easy to remove! It’s literally just paper. Just spray with water & scrape. They sell scrapers & if you can get a helper, they can hold a large garbage bag underneath to catch the mess.

Razor Blade Scraper: Glass Top Stove Cleaner and Scraper & Adhesive Remover, Paint Scraper, Wallpaper Remover - 4-inch Heavy Duty Paint Stripper Handle with Rubber Grip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1W76G1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_M9aMCb9F69VQG

• Constance Fetterman

Where did you find the stencil and how big is it?

• Mary

where do I purchase stencil and what are the paints used for this project.

• Cathy Hays

hi Mary, I use a couple of different places to get my stencils. I like cutting edge stencils, as well as stencil revolution. Amazon has a great selection as well as Etsy. huge selections on either of those sites. You can use any paint you like really with stencils. I use left over Behr, craft paint, chalk paint, milk paint etc.. once you get the stencil bug you will really start stenciling everything! my hubs teases and says I would stencil the dog if she would stand still long enough! haha....hope this helps. Happy Stenciling.

ps. I meant to add. Buy some spray repositionable adhesive any craft section has it, use a light spray as well as tape to hold your stencil. it really helps keep paint from bleeding.