- Pick your pattern. I had the clock face for a table top and Google showed some nice brick patio arrangements.
- Use masking tape to outline the brick pattern. Where the tape is, the concrete natural color will show.
- Paint the first darkest brick color over the entire floor. No worries about seeping, as fuzzy lines make a painting look more natural.
- When the first coat is dry, with your brush - brush on the next lighter brick color. Don't brush out to the tape, leave some of the dark color showing around the edges.
- When the second coat is dry, with your sponge - sponge on some lighter highlights. You may even want to select a brick here and there to receive more of the highlights than others to simulate natural brick.
- When the paint is dry, remove the masking tape. This is when I painted the clock face using tracing paper to put the design onto the floor.
- When all is dry, put on three coats of the sealer that is linked to below. You can buy this at the big box home improvement store too.
- When the sealer is dry, put on two or three coats of wax.
- You are done.
Painted Concrete Floors That Last and Last and Last
Teresa on Apr 26, 2020
I don't have a question. I just wanted to thank you for the idea. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my living room floor because when we pulled up the carpet, it wasn't level, smooth, nor finished out. And the bricks turned out perfect!! Thank you!!
Janie Canales on Sep 21, 2020
Love it. Just BEAUTIFUL. I hope I can do this outside on my porch.