Simple Fish-Scale Accent Wall With Paint Pen

$8

Hello friends!! Remember my guest bedroom that I zested a few weeks back?? Well today we are going to get zesty with a new accent wall. I love subtle geometric patterns and funky different accent walls. I love honeycomb and chevron and all those fun trendy walls we are seeing all across pinterest, but I must admit I don’t have the patience for those, nor am I a perfectionist. Which is why I was super excited about this wall, not only is it a bit more unique but oh so easy as well!!

Photos by Jessica Helton

The Before…

Supplies:

-14″ cake circles (from Michaels)

-Sharpie Gold paint pen

-Scissors, ruler

First I mapped out my gameplan to have the scallops creating to panels on the side of my “headboard”

Next I set out to find the center of the wall and taped off the section I wanted to paint blue as my “headboard”

After painting the blue strip I could see it all starting to come together- yay!

After doing the first row you will want to also cut a circle into a 1/4 section to help when you get into corners and come close to the other wall. When it comes to making the next scallop I suggest drawing a line right down the center to line up the next scallop in the middle.

Just keep moving from row to row, make sure you are being consistent with thickness for the pen as well as keeping the center line in the middle of the previous scallop

Now to prep the main piece, my canvas that will serve as my “headboard”

A quick and easy paint job…

And now for the finished product!

I love how the scallops turned out!!

LOVE!!!

They are subtle but yet make a statement that brings texture and detail to the wall.

I couldn't be more excited about how this turned out!!

xo,
Sam

Zest it Up

• Kathleen

What did you do with the TV?

• Zest it Up

We hung the TV up on the wall in the corner facing the bed. It's the perfect little spot where it's out of the way but still visible from the bed!

• Deborah

Why didn’t you show a picture of the finished project?

• Wendy Johns

Not a good picture from across the room showing the headboard and the fish scales in good light. I wish her picture was better also.

• Debra

That's it? An outline of fish scales, a blue wall and a hand drawn sleep sign? The sleep sign doesn't belong. Something else should be there. Even a script font straight onto the blue wall in a nice accented color. The white board and single line handwritten drawing just takes away from your design.

• Ed

Very nice

• Susie Fuentes

I thought you were going to paint the circles, you can't see them. And the word signs, l agree don't fit well, love the color.