Painted Umbrella "Wreath" for Spring

Inspired by a pretty umbrella "wreath" I spotted on Country Living, I decided to repurpose an umbrella I picked up for a couple of dollars from the Goodwill. I am so ready for spring and wanted to add a bit of color to my front door. I found a child size umbrella with a curved handle, but the safari pattern is not what I had in mind. So. . .
I painted the umbrella with 3 coats of Velvet Finishes paint in a bright pink called "Glamorous." This created an opaque base coat.
To add a bit of shimmer without changing the color, I sprayed a light coat of Rust-Oleum pink glitter spray paint, and let it dry. This umbrella is just for decorative purposes only (and not for actual use in the rain), so I'm not concerned about how it will hold up in weather.
Once dry, I added pink tulips and tied it up with a black and white polka dot ribbon. To keep the tulips fresh, I added a small amount of water to a sandwich bags, placed a few stems in each bag, lightly secured with a wire tie, and then placed each mini bouquet in a section of the umbrella. Each section makes a perfect "vase" for a few tulips.
This was a very simple project, and adds just that pop of color my porch needed for spring. For more, please visit my blog!

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Susan @ Saw Nail and Paint