Turn Old Rain Boots Into a Planter!

Hannah and I were browsing through the Goodwill the other day and came across some rain boots. We saw them and we both knew right away that these specific ones could make for something awesome for spring (given the print). We thought why not make them into a planter? So...we did! It was SO easy.

We found these rain boots at Goodwill for about $12!

We found styrofoam cones at Michael's for $2.99! This is what we used to steady the fake flowers that we put in the boots. We decided fake flowers are easier and will obviously stay pretty for longer!

Fake floral was on sale for 50%! We went with pink Tulips :)

Start out by cutting the cone in half, so that it isn't sticking out of the boots!

Stick the flowers in the larger end of the cone!

Put the flowers in the boot!

Push the styrofoam down so you can't see it and there you have it! A perfect Spring planter!

• Rain Boots  (Goodwill)
  • Fake Flowers  (Michael's)
  • Styrofoam  (Michael's)

• Jay

Do you think they could be used to actually hold rocks, dirt & maybe Paperwhites or some other type of live growing flowers? I love the look! Thank you

• Kathy Neal Kuhar

Nice. I have to pass this information along to my fellow crafters. You can get the styrofoam cones at Dollar Tree for $1. They are perfectly shaped, no different than what you get at craft stores.

• Debbie

I have my granddaughters boots similar to these. What can I put on the outside of the rubber boots to keep them from deteriorating & to brighten up the color?

• Jessica Cossin

I had these same boots! My kids used to call them my "fruit boots"! How creative! Love seeing stuff I had at one time being repurposed! 😁
  • Sheri Howell Housman

I found some child's rain boots at a thrift store and knew what I wanted them for. I filled with potting soil then used spanish moss.
    , I found these at a thrift store and knew what I wanted them for I filled them with potting soil and used a moss plant I think they are raither cute