Denim/Fabric Quilt and Matching Pillows

I had an old denim comforter that I loved; however, it had seen better days and was looking pretty ragged. I decided to recover it. Here's how:
I found these two large pieces of fabric at the local thrift store.  I grabbed it and about 6 pairs of large old denim jeans.
I made a 6 1/2 square out of cardboard.
Started tracing squares on the backside of my fabric.  Also did the same thing with the denim pants.  I cut lots and lots of squares.  With the jeans, I tried to use some of the side seams and the back pockets where I could.
Got out my sewing machine and started connecting squares.  When I got my rows sewed together, I then started connecting rows.
Finished product.  Once it was all put together, I sewed it over the top of my old comforter.
I still had a lot of fabric left over, so I went back to the thrift store and bought a bunch of different sized old pillows and recovered them using the denim back pockets.  I found the horse fabric at my local fabric store.  I bought a yard of that and finished the job.
I also made a pillow out of one of the smaller pairs of Levis.

Everything Red For Canada Day
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage

• Melissa Vandridge
    Melissa Vandridge

super cute I love it! I have been getting thredup diy denim boxes and want to make a denim quilt! I like them off center as well :)

• Amy Brammer
      Amy Brammer

Thank you so much. I like things to be off center and it was definitely easier to sew this way as opposed to dealing with lots of corners.

• Molly Jo
    Molly Jo

Love the quilt and that all jean pillow! Might just need to make one of those soon! Looks wonderful!