Burlap Bubble Wreath

This is an oldie, but a goodie! This was one of the first wreaths I made to share on the blog and it is still a popular post. So, I thought I'd share with you how to make one of these gorgeous burlap bubble wreaths for your own home!
I had fun getting crafty this weekend for myself. It seems like I am always making something for the kids, such as their birthday or something for school. But, I have been itching to do some home decorating crafts lately and there is this huge burlap craze going on and I wanted to see what all the hype was about... have you seen all the different kinds of burlap at HobLobs? Anyhow, I decided to plunge into an easy burlap craft... a burlap bubble wreath!

The supplies on this wreath were limited to 3 items. A 12" Styrofoam wreath, 2 yards of burlap and pearl headed pushpins.
Now, we'll start making some bubbles! You need about 100 4x4" squares. I cut all of the burlap into 4x4" squares first, then I pinned them all on the wreath. First I cut 4" wide strips, then I cut the strip into 4" squares. It went pretty quickly once I got going on it... but, wow, I did not realize how messy and smelly burlap is! I felt like a dog had shed all over my by the time I was done.
To make the bubbles:

1. First take a 4x4" piece of square fabric.
2. Fold the square in half to make a triangle
3. Fold the right corner to the front of the middle corner of the triangle
4. Fold the left corner to the back of the middle corner of the triangle
Pin one bubble onto the wreath at a time... you will be able to hide the pearl heads on the push pins as you add more bubbles of burlap onto the wreath. Do not cover the back of the wreath with burlap, just the top and sides.
Your wreath will look like this when you are done, it is pretty to hang by itself or you can decorate it with rosette flowers, a beautiful ribbon on the top or with a wooden initial letter. You can really do anything you want with this neutral wreath. I plan to decorate mine with some rosettes at a later time.

• Burlap  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Wreath form  (Hobby Lobby)

Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

• San18111746

Could you buy everything at Walmart?
  • Mary

Can you use any material or does it need to be burlap?

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

You could use other material, I would just make sure that it has a little substance to it and isn't too thin. Hope that helps! Have a great weekend!

• Loretta

Do u tie each bubble on each bar across the wreath bars until each 4 sections of the wreath is filled?

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would think you could do it by using floral wire. I'm not sure if you can find floral wire in more of a neutral color other than green, so it isn't as hard to blend it in/hide it. The styrofoam frame may be easier, but it wouldn't be hurt to try the other way if you think it'll work!! :) Good luck!

Carrie