Tired of Leaky Coconut Liners? Try This Hanging Planter Hack!

8 materials
$5
Everytime I water my hanging flower baskets with coconut liners, I end up with a flooded mess! I don't even think half of the water saturates the roots before it all leaks out onto my front steps. This hack keeps the water in and your planters with the perfect amount of moisture to keep them growing strong! All you need is some burlap and a diaper! Kick those expensive coconut liners to the curb.
Tired of this leaky coconut liner everytime you water your plants? Me too!
Step 1) Measure the diameter of your basket hanger.

Step 2) Cut a circle about 2" larger than the diameter of your basket frame out of burlap.
Step 3) Pin burlap ribbon (with a finished edge) to the outside edge of your burlap circle.

Be sure not to use ribbon with wire in it! It could break your sewing machine.
Step 4) Sew along the edge to attach the ribbon to your burlap circle.

Step 5) When you are finished attaching the entire ribbon, it will look something like this. Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect! Don't forget to close your edge of the ribbon.
Step 6) Place the burlap liner into the hanging basket frame. Fold the ribbon edge over the frame nicely.

It may be bulky, but you want it to be a little loose to ensure your planter fits perfectly and the liner isn't too tight.
Step 7) Now the fun part! Using an expensive diaper, cut the tabs off and place it right side up into the center of your planter.

The gel in the diaper will create the perfect amount of moisture and prevent heavy water leakage throughout the planter.
Step 8) Re-attach hardware pieces through the burlap.
Water your planter and enjoy a leak-proof basket liner. All of the water stays right where it should be an evenly distributes throughout the soil of your beautiful flower basket. No more leaky mess!

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 14 questions

Comments

2 of 50 comments
Next