My Decorated and Organized Computer Armoire/Workstation

In our current home, this computer armoire is our only office area, and it's in our breakfast nook, so I wanted it to be attractive inside. I used scrapbook paper as "wallpaper," and added chalkboard paint and cork board to make the inside of the doors functional and attractive. See more pictures, sources, and how-to's over on the blog (URL below). Thanks~Christy
Chalkboard paint and corkboard panels (covered with scrapbook paper) make the door a great memo board.
I added small wooden plaques, purchased at the craft store, to the file drawers.  I sprayed them with chalkboard paint to make labels.
I added small wooden plaques, purchased at the craft store, to the file drawers. I sprayed them with chalkboard paint to make labels.
I sewed an easy burlap skirt to cover up the printer and some other not-so-nice looking clutter.
Using scrapbook paper and spray glue, I "wallpapered" the back of the armoire in a black and white toile print to add visual interest.
Matching boxes store office supplies, computer cables, and the like.
Black and white notebooks and file boxes store bills (yuck!) and other papers that I need to use daily.  The rest are in the file drawers below.
Black and white notebooks and file boxes store bills (yuck!) and other papers that I need to use daily. The rest are in the file drawers below.
I decided to decorate the inside using black and white.
I love using unexpected items, like this thrift shop sugar bowl, to store business cards and other office items.
The other doors make a great memo board, covered with chalkboard paint.
Here's the whole inside.
Here's the whole inside.
And here's how it looks when it's all closed up!
11 Magnolia Lane

• Nancy Harms Neufeld

Hi where do you find an armoire like this? I love it!

• Asi29238449

Cam you tell me where did you buy this armoire . And is it real wood?

• Ivy Street

Do you know the dimensions of the armoire? Would you change the size? My father is building me one and I am working on the plans.