Stephanie Abbott
Stephanie Abbott
  • Richmond, TX

See How Custom DIY Wood Bins Can Be Easy and so Affordable

$15

I started the build for this DIY wood bin by measuring the opening in my bench. The height of the opening is about 12 inches, so I decided that a 1″ X 10″ board would work perfectly in the opening. The opening is about 21 inches deep and 12 1/2 inches wide too. I decided to make the box 12″ X 20″ to take advantage of the space, but not make the fit too tight.
Each box would need 5′ of 10″ board for the
see how custom diy wood bins can be easy and so affordable
I picked up 2 8′ long 1 X 10’s (Common Board) at Home Depot. Since I already had everything else I needed at home, I was ready to build my custom storage bins. Don’t forget, you can adjust these measurements to make your own custom DIY wood bin for storage, shelf decoration, or anywhere you need a bit of style. The trick to making this so simple is the pocket holes created with the Kreg Jig. 
Follow the link below for full details.
The handle is easy to make with a drill and jigsaw.
2 pocket holes on each end secures the sides to the front and back.
I decided to drop a scrap book paper liner into the bottom. This gives it a nicer look and is easily replaceable when it gets worn out. This is shoe storage so it gets pretty dirty, but after 5 months, the paper still looks great. I just vacuum out the dirt and dust.
The bins look great and work like a charm.
Want to see more of our laundry room remodel? Check out the laundry table I built to cover the machines and that ugly gap that's always behind them.

• 1" x 10" Common Board  (Home Depot)
  • Kreg Jig, Clamps, and Screws  (Amazon)
Stephanie Abbott