Our Crafty Mom
Our Crafty Mom
  • Weare, NH

How To Achieve A Stained Glass Look on Mason Jars and Glass Bottles

Like so many of you, I love to decorate with mason jars. I use them for so many different purposes-to hold makeup brushes, in the bathroom to store cotton balls and q-tips, etc. I love to decorate with soft shades of blue and sometimes the blue mason jars can be costly or hard to find. For some reason I tend to have a lot of glass jars and vases that I pick up at thrift stores or flea markets. Here is what I started with:
how to achieve a stained glass look on mason jars and glass bottles
I found a bottle of Krylon stained Glass spray paint at the craft store in a beautiful blue shade. I decided to try to paint the mason jars and glass vases that I had to see how they turned out. I love them! They are a beautiful shade of blue and so easy to get this look with just a couple of coats. Here it is after one coat:
So pretty! I used two coats letting them dry in between coats. I did let them sit overnight before using them. Here are the mason jars used with silk flowers in a basket display:
I love how they look on my mantel!
I added starfish and some jute to get a coastal, beachy look here:
Such an inexpensive way to get a high end look. You can pick up jars at the Dollar Store and make these for under $5! You may also like my beach coasters here http://ourcraftymom.com/diy-beach-themed-coasters-mason-jar-lids/
Our Crafty Mom

• Antonia Lutz

Can you tell me the brand name and the exact color of paint?

• Jennywren

Krylon is a brand. I would try a hardware store to be honest. Or Michael’s.

Good luck!

• Colleen

Lovely. I have a collection of glass jars. Thank you!

• Theresa

Are you able to wash them without losing the paint on them