Sarah M
Sarah M
  • Carthage, MO

Mini Fairy Garden In A Tea Cup....

mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I always wanted to make a mini fairy garden, and when I was gifted the perfect tea cup and saucer, I knew what I wanted to do with it.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I have a spot where moss grows in my yard that I use for my fairy gardens. I didn't have to dig a very big piece for this one.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I filled the cup with potting mix and placed the moss on top of the mix.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
Moss filled tea cup.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I used artificial flowers for this fairy garden.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I removed the flowers from the stems, and used a fine floral wire to wrap around the main flower stem. Before I inserted the flowers, I used a spray bottle to spritz water on the moss until it was good and wet.

mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I inserted the gazing ball and birdhouse down into the moss.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I used small pebbles to make my pathway.
mini fairy garden in a tea cup
I sat my little angel sitting on the bench on the pebbled pathway to complete my mini fairy garden. Since I used real moss, the fairy garden will be placed near the window that receives morning sun, and will be watered when needed.

• Mar1155858

I made my own gazing balls. Just glue a marble into a nail!!
    • Sarah M

Yes indeed, you sure can make a gazing ball using a nail!. :)
  • Tina

can you use something other then real dirt , like fake grass and maybe a stirafoam to stick the ornaents into ?
    • Sarah M

I've also used a piece of Styrofoam in making fairy cup / clay pot fairy gardens using store bought moss and gluing it to the Styrofoam. Just remember to use the low setting on your glue gun so it doesn't melt the Styrofoam.
  • Dia16334594

HI where did u get the bench and the angel from ?
    • Bbunny42

Check Hobby Lobby, Michael's, maybe JoAnns and I think I might have seen some at Target -- not sure.

• LINDA

VERY NICE!! Some decor trends are nice, cute, clever, but I don't want to use a whole lot of it....just an accent...try to incorporate into my home decor...and you hit the nail on the head!!! THIS is a great idea for just a touch of fairy garden ...love it! I love teacups & teapots...so how cool is this going to be! Thanks
  • Catherine woods

This is very cute! I'm going to try and make one! Thanks for sharing!