Refinished Table and Shou Sugi Ban

$30

I decided to spruce up one of my coffee tables that I refinished a while ago. Not that I did not like my own work or anything, but I am extremely prone to decorating my house. I guess that is one of the things that makes me a Zest it Up girl!  I hope this furniture upcylce project inspires you!

This was the original refinish job that I did on my coffee table.  You can check out the makeover  here. 
My first step was to sand off all the wax and paint.  I was more than done with red in my house, and I was hankering to do some more Shou Sugi Ban: the Japanese art of burning wood for a unique finish. I used a Propane Torch kit from Ace Hardware to burn the wood.
With the tabletop surface shaping up exactly as I imagined, you will see that I decided to even recoat the metal frame with some cool textured metallic spray paint, as well.  I wanted an entirely new look!
Since I have three kids and a husband who can be a tad rough on furniture,  I decided to use Spar Varnish on my coffee table.  Honestly, I am a bigger fan of using a clear, soft wax on a Shou Sugi Ban surface, but I needed a truly water resistant surface that would stand up to countless spills and sweating glasses (ummm I do own coasters, but habits are habits I am afraid   ).
I gave the bones of the table a generous coat of spray paint! I like using Rustoleum Hammered because it hides any imperfections! Let's face it, when you have a thrift store find, you are bounds for few knicks here and there
Make sure the surface is nice and protected! We don't like water damage/stains!
I love the texture of this coffee table! It's the perfect home decor piece!
Look at that wood finish
We hope you feel inspired! We love home decor!

Cheers,
Chanda

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Zest it Up