Spruced.Sticks
Spruced.Sticks
  • Saint Cloud, MN

Antique Dresser Flip!

$60

I took a really worn down old dresser and gave it new life! Easy spray paint flip! If you want to just watch me flip this dresser, check out the video below!
antique dresser flip
The dreaded before! It certainly didn't look like much but there is potential ! The first thing I needed to do was clean it up and sand it down!
antique dresser flip
After sanding I decided I wanted to spray paint it black.
antique dresser flip
I wanted to keep the wooden panel on the drawers the natural wood, so I taped them and spray painted them.
antique dresser flip
After the black paint I removed the taped off portion and it came out great! I went over the dresser about three times with the paint. It took approximately three spray cans.
antique dresser flip
The spray paint didn't quite cover as well as I hoped. It left it a little blotchy and rough so I went over it with paint and a paint brush to even it out. (Note: I used the same paint and brand, just the can version!)
antique dresser flip
After everything was dry I simply measured and put on my hardware! I bought these at Hobby Lobby they were around $4.99 each; however, they were on sale 50% off ;)
antique dresser flip
I also added new wheels to the bottom of the dresser. I picked these up from Home Depot for about $3.00 each!
antique dresser flip
There it is! I love the way the dresser turned out. And what I love even more is that it's one of a kinda because I did it on my own!

• Tami Stone

Not a question, just wanted to say I think you did an awesome job on it!! I love the natural wood in the middle of the handles. Gives it that extra umfff‼️