Antique Dresser Flip!

72K Views
I took a really worn down old dresser and gave it new life! Easy spray paint flip! If you want to just watch me flip this dresser, check out the video below!
Time: 6 HoursCost: $60Difficulty: Medium
  • antique dresser flip
The dreaded before! It certainly didn't look like much but there is potential ! The first thing I needed to do was clean it up and sand it down!
  • antique dresser flip
After sanding I decided I wanted to spray paint it black.
  • antique dresser flip
I wanted to keep the wooden panel on the drawers the natural wood, so I taped them and spray painted them.
  • antique dresser flip
After the black paint I removed the taped off portion and it came out great! I went over the dresser about three times with the paint. It took approximately three spray cans.
  • antique dresser flip
The spray paint didn't quite cover as well as I hoped. It left it a little blotchy and rough so I went over it with paint and a paint brush to even it out. (Note: I used the same paint and brand, just the can version!)
  • antique dresser flip
After everything was dry I simply measured and put on my hardware! I bought these at Hobby Lobby they were around $4.99 each; however, they were on sale 50% off ;)
  • antique dresser flip
I also added new wheels to the bottom of the dresser. I picked these up from Home Depot for about $3.00 each!
  • antique dresser flip
There it is! I love the way the dresser turned out. And what I love even more is that it's one of a kinda because I did it on my own!

Suggested materials for this project: