DIY L-Shaped Farmhouse Wood Desk + Office Makeover

$100

Hey y'all! It's Lori! So, we have lived in our house for a little over a year but my office still wasn't finished! We DIY'ed the shiplap wall & the built-in bookcases but I still felt it wasn't complete. I needed a desk! I was on the hunt for the perfect desk... nowhere to be found! Then, I realized... Darryl & I could make this! I drew out what my vision was and my hubby said he could do it. In the video below, I show the whole transformation of my office!
So, of course when you DIY something... you have to look at the tools! We are Ryobi Nation for life! Absolutely love their tools!
So, of course when you DIY something... you have to look at the tools! We are Ryobi Nation for life! Absolutely love their tools! We like to draw out any DIY ideas we have. Well, I attempt to draw it out so Darryl can understand what I mean, he takes over and uses his artistic ability to draw it out... lol!
We legit spend at least 1 hour picking wood out. We have a process of the grain, color and all that. Also, we make sure the wood isn't warped. That's no bueno.
This was the design I chose for the desk top. I wanted something different. I loved the way it came out!
These Farmhouse legs are absolutely stunning. When I saw this, I was just in love. I couldn't wait to see my desk come together!
I felt if we framed the desk in, it would look better. I'm so glad I told Darryl to do this, it ended up making the desk look more complete.
It was my time to shine and stain this bad boy!
It's time to assemble it!
This is the finished look! I absolutely love it! It really makes my office feel so complete and rustic chic!

If you want to see the desk more, make sure you go check out my YouTube video!

Hope y'all liked it ;)

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbuRR4VH17s

• Gflores
    Gflores

Where can I find the material list and dimensions for the table tour table is beautiful. I went thru all the comments and I don’t see where you listed any of the building info. Anything will help, please.

• Stuart
    Stuart

How much did you spend in this table?? Thanks

• Tonya Kloosterman
    Tonya Kloosterman

Where do I go to get the plans for a l shape desk??

• Eliza
    Eliza

Whoooaaa Lori....the ladies of Hometalk are posting some really hot stuff ideas today .....

This planted idea for me to make uttlery outrageous desk using 'live edge's wood...

Do the made base like yours then assemble 'live edge's "L" shaped surface for desk's top...

live edge's are super expensive but will keep snooping around for some.....inspirational. ... that's all we need sometimes to run the wagon wheel

👏🤍 ~~~~~ Eliza 🌹~~~~~~

Thanks Y'all out here in h

hottest place on earth today 118°

but Creativity Denied the Weather 👏👏👏

• Rachel
    Rachel

I love this l shaped desk. Where can I find the dimensions and product list? Pretty please!