How can I stop the termite infestation in my home?

+6
It is destroying my ceiling beams, second floor beams and the cabinets and door posts.

• Jerrynorman Jerrynorman on Jun 27, 2017
    Sorry incomplete, that is destroying my ceiling beams, second floor beams and the cabinets and door posts.
  • Lynn Lynn on Jun 27, 2017
    If you have termites, you'd better get a professional in there. I don't think the "home" remedies or the products they offer in the stores take care of ALL of them.
    Best to get a pro that offers a warranty so if you see any after the treatment, they'll come back and redo.
  • Lisa Ervin Lisa Ervin on Jun 27, 2017
    call an exterminator
  • Generally I am all for DIY but on this one you need the professionals. You may have infestation sites you do not even know about. Call and have inspected asap, and get at least 3 bids. Then have treated before more damage can occur and cost much more money to repair structural damage. They do have environmentally / child / pet friendly options. Good luck!
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jun 27, 2017
    Call a professional. Termites are terribly destructive and if/when you go to sell your home its an inspection they will probably require.
  • Lora Lora on Jun 27, 2017
    Yes, a professional, and quickly!
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 28, 2017
    You really should call a professional before the problem gets worse.
  • Jerrynorman Jerrynorman on Jul 11, 2017
    Thank you for all your good suggestions.
  • Leila Steadman Leila Steadman on May 04, 2018
    If you are dealing with termite infestation, then, you can use various methods like boric acid that damages the nervous system of the termites and kills them, use an essential oil which eradicate termites effectively. If these methods does not work then, you can call pest controller.
    When, I was dealing with termite infestation I had called up termite control East Bay team, where they had used effective termite control method to stop termite infestation. So, if the above methods does not work, then you should call pest controller.